Wednesday, February 17, 2010

There goes a little piece of my heart. . .


So strange to me that my last post (because I am such a slacker) was of our awesome family vacation with the Moss Clan. We took that trip because Grandpa's health was not so good - we wanted so badly to get everything in. I am so eternally grateful for all of the people that helped pull that trip together. Divine intervention, you might say, because you just never know. So here we are. . . at the place we hoped we'd never be, but so thankful that we KNOW what we KNOW. I love that Father-In-Law of mine, always have. I love the family he built and the things that he taught us, I love the Grandpa he was and the legacy he left. I love that there is a PLAN and that we are part of it. Though today, my heart still hurts, I am so thankful that we had him and that we will have him again, forever. XOXO
Grandpa Moss passed away Tuesday, February 9th, 2010 at his home which was exactly where he wanted to be. His funeral was a tribute to all that he was - happy, fun, generous, smart, loving, and kind. I am so thankful for this family that he created. For the legacy he has left. . . we will keep building on that until we are all together again.

Valentines Day will never be the same to me.


A friend gave us a little plaque that says,
"The best way to have Heaven in your home,
is to have someone you love in Heaven."

I believe it.

2 comments:

Angi.Mima said...

Grandpa will surely be missed. We have an awesome family.

Yayi said...

I don't even know you. However, somehow we are related. My husband is a Moss as well. I guess I am one as well. We belong to the Darrel Moss side of the family. I just wanted to tell you how sorry we are for your loss. I never met Donny, however I've heard wonderful stories about him.